As summer is drawing near, we are always on the lookout for more excitement and of course, some fun… We have taken the liberty of combining 3 different drinks you HAVE to try out! Not only are they good for a party but most important – ITS GOOD FOR YOUR BODY… (In moderation of course)
1)Blackberry & Raspberry Martini
Makes 2-3 servings
- Black Currants
- 30ml Lime Juice
- 15ml Honey
- 60ml Silver Tequila (Brand of choice)
- 250ml Kombucha Ireland’s Berry Kombucha
DirectionsTake a handful of fresh black currants, muddled in a double rocks glass with 30ml of lime juice and 15ml of honey. Add ice and the 60ml of silver tequila (Brand of your choice). Shake and return to glass, reserving ice. Finish with a float of Kombucha Ireland’s Berry Kombucha.
TEQUILA TOO HARSH? TRY RECIPE NO#2…
2)The Kombucha Cosmopolitan
Makes 1-3 servings
90 ml citrus vodka
60ml orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau or Triple Sec
60 ml plain or Berry Kombucha
60 ml pure cranberry juice
15ml fresh lime juice, more to taste
2 lime wheels or wedges, for garnish
Fill two martini glasses with crushed ice and set aside to chill.
In a cocktail shaker filled with large pieces of ice (we’re using large ice rather than crushed due to the making two drinks at once, as we don’t want the large amount of liquid to melt the ice too quickly), pour in all the cocktail ingredients. Shake, then empty the martini glasses of their ice and strain the cocktail evenly between the two glasses.
Garnish with lime wedges or lime wheels and serve immediately.
WANT TO KEEP IT CLEAN?? TRY RECIPE NO#3
3)VIRGIN KOMBUCHA SANGRIA SMOOTHIE
Makes serves 3 to 4
- 240ml Kombucha
- 240ml fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 nectarines, pitted
- 2 cups frozen berries
- chopped/sliced fruit for topping (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, nectarines, peaches, pineapple, kiwi, apples, orange slices, lime slices)
- Combine the Kombucha, orange juice, lime juice, nectarine, and frozen berries in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses, leaving plenty of room on top for fruit. Top with chopped/sliced fruit. Serve immediately with both a spoon and a straw for maximum enjoyment. Enjoy!
Just remember should you overindulge with recipes 1 or 2, you know that you can rest assured that your ‘hangover’ will soon pass when you drink Kombucha the day after, due to enzymes and probiotics in this ancient drink, your intestines and liver will be back to normal before you know it.